A single Pot Orzo Pasta with Chicken, Sundried Tomatoes, and Spinach is healthful, straightforward to make, and bursting with crave-deserving flavors. This healthful 20-minute meal is perfect for occupied weeknights and supper events alike!
407 Energy49g CARBS8g Fats33g PROTEIN
One particular Pot Orzo Pasta with Chicken Recipe
This simple orzo pasta recipe is a fast paced mom’s dream. Uncomplicated to make, wholesome, and delicious—the trifecta! Include in the truth that it normally takes just 20 minutes to make and you’ve obtained on your own the top relatives supper. Serving for a person? The leftovers can serve as quick and simple lunches all 7 days lengthy.
I really don’t know about you, but I’m not a enthusiast of doing dishes. That is a person of the numerous explanations why a single-pot foods are so darn captivating to me. Only just one dish to clean? Depend me in.
I’m no stranger to these sorts of foods, which you possibly know if you have seen my other a person pot meals like this A single Pot Caprese Pasta or this One particular Pot Spinach and Tomato Pasta.
A single Pot Orzo is produced with flavorful elements which includes chicken breast, orzo, rooster broth, white beans, newborn spinach, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and fresh basil. It is a powerhouse of abundant, savory, new, and lively flavors, all cooked in one particular glorious pot. We also enjoy this Lemon Orzo with Broccoli and Roasted Vegetable Orzo.
You can provide this dish on its possess or pair it together with some Two Component Dough Breadsticks for the supreme pasta night time. No issue how and when you opt for to provide this dish, it ensures to be the star of any evening meal table. Attempt it out for by yourself and see!
To make this delectable a person-pot orzo recipe, you will require the next vital components:
- Chicken breasts: Make guaranteed to use boneless, skinless hen breasts. Hen thighs also do the job. For a vegetarian 1-pot dish, truly feel free of charge to leave the hen.
- Garlic: Fresh new is most effective, so I remarkably advocate sticking to fresh garlic if you can. Usually, garlic powder will work in a pinch.
- Chicken broth: To keep the sodium reduced in this dish, I like to use minimal-sodium rooster broth. Nevertheless, common chicken broth and vegetable broth will the two function good as well.
- Orzo: If you really don’t have orzo or just want to try out something else, feel absolutely free to use your beloved smaller sort of pasta. Some of my best options consist of ditalini or pastina. Nonetheless, you will need to alter the cooking time to match the pasta you are cooking.
- Cannellini beans: These beans have a nutty, earthy flavor that tastes fantastic with the other flavors of this dish. They also insert a hearty dose of protein and fiber. Chickpeas also function or you can skip the beans completely.
- Toddler spinach: If six cups of spinach audio like a ton to you, just wait till it cooks down! If you only have frozen spinach, that functions as very well. Just make confident ro defrost it first and squeeze out any excess dampness.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: I recommend employing the kind that appear packed in oil with herbs, as this infuses a ton of excellent flavor into the currently-scrumptious solar-dried tomatoes. Drained diced tomatoes would also function.
- New basil: Even though you can use a unique herb if you’d like (parsley is effective properly), it is totally necessary to adhere to fresh herbs. They incorporate tons of taste to this remarkable dish.
What is orzo pasta? How do you cook dinner orzo?
Orzo is a small pasta that is oval-formed and resembles rice. It is labeled as a “pastina” or little pasta in Italy and is made from semolina flour. It is well known in soups, grain bowls, pasta salads, pasta dishes, and other recipes where a smaller sized pasta performs much better.
Frequently talking, orzo can be cooked in two techniques. It can be cooked just like any pasta in boiling salted h2o. It will take 8-10 minutes.
Orzo can also be cooked like rice, exactly where the orzo absorbs the liquid it cooks. This effects in a delicious creamy texture due to the fact the starch continues to be. For this planning, you will want 2 cups of liquid for 1 cup of orzo. Cook dinner for 8-12 minutes, stirring frequently to preserve the orzo from sticking.
Recipe Ideas and Variations
In this article are some of my prime recommendations and methods to enable you make this dish:
- The liquid is flexible. If your liquid evaporates prior to your orzo has concluded cooking, don’t be concerned to add some more! I have often discovered 3 cups of broth to be the sweet place, but you can certainly increase far more if required. The hen broth turns into a creamy sauce for this dish, so really don’t be fearful to increase a very little additional if required. It should not be dry. Insert about two tablespoons of liquid at a time.
- Stir. Make certain you keep in mind to stir your orzo usually to make sure that it does not stick to the base of the pan.
- Alter the cooking time if desired: Flavor the orzo as it cooks and will increase the cooking time if necessary until finally it is al dente.
- White wine. If you’re experience fancy, try out replacing some of the chicken broth with white wine. Liquor will help release taste molecules in other foods, indicating the flavors of this dish will be enhanced.
- Dried herbs. If you just cannot get your hands on any contemporary herbs, you can use dried basil in its place. Just make confident to decrease the quantity by 50 %.
- End with lemon: To insert some brightness to the remaining dish, end with some new lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Include additional veggies: This dish works fantastic with additional veggies. Take into account incorporating some pink peppers, zucchini, red onion, fresh new cherry tomatoes, or summer time squash.
- Add a garnish: Kick up the taste even additional by incorporating some kalamata olives, pine nuts, capers, sliced lemons, fresh parsley, purple pepper flakes, or further parmesan cheese.
How to Serve Orzo Pasta
This A single Pot Chicken and Orzo is the perfect healthy weeknight meal. Mainly because it has all the factors of a well balanced food — grains, veggies, and protein — this dish stands up brilliantly on its very own.
If you are on the lookout for something additional, right here are some of my favorite dishes to provide with this dish:
- Bread. Bread is the traditional pasta accompaniment and this mouth watering orzo dish is no different. I suggest serving this orzo dish with garlic bread, toasted sourdough, or vintage breadsticks.
- Salad. If you are seeking to include some far more greens into your supper, then serving this orzo together with a aspect salad is a great option. Some of my top options consist of my Quick Arugula Salad, Straightforward Spring Blend Salad, and Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad.
Leftovers and Storage Suggestions
On the lookout to retailer leftovers of this nutritious one particular-pot food? No trouble. The moment the dish has cooled, transfer it to an airtight storage container. Then, you can retailer it in a single of two strategies:
- In the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- In the freezer for up to 2 months.
Often Asked Concerns
Below are the solutions to some of the most routinely requested queries about this dish:
This orzo recipe is packed with protein, fiber, nutritional vitamins, and minerals from the addition of plenty of veggies, beans, and rooster. Having said that, for the reason that orzo is rather higher in carbs, it is even now significant to take in this dish in moderation. As extensive as you do that, this food can make a correctly balanced addition to any diet.
Reheating leftovers of this balanced dish is a breeze. All you have to do is place them in a microwave-secure container and reheat in 1 minute intervals until finally heat. Alternatively, you can reheat leftovers on medium heat more than the stove until warmed by way of. If the dish seems to be dry, include a splash of chicken broth.
Whilst sunlight-dried tomatoes add a ton of taste to this dish, you can certainly use canned diced tomatoes in their location if which is what you have at house. Keep in head this will alter the flavor and texture of the dish, but it will even now be tasty.